custom seed paper shapes
Ordering a custom shape means ordering a custom cutting die which we can quote once we receive your artwork. We are happy to make recommendations for the most cost-effective design. In general, the simpler the shape, the less expensive the die.
custom seed paper colors
We offer over 20 different stock colors of seed paper. If you require a custom color, please submit a PMS color (uncoated) or a representative sample printed on an uncoated stock. Since we are using natural-based pigments, we can’t guarantee an exact match. Earthy, muted tones are easier to match than bright colors. A minimum order of 350 8.5 x11 sheets is required.
custom seed mixes
Bloomin seed paper uses only the highest quality seed available. Our paper has grown into flowers, herbs, trees, chile peppers, vegetables, grasses, ground covers and more. Our small-batch, handmade process ensures our seed paper will really grow! Please contact us to discuss your custom needs. Some things to consider when choosing a custom seed mix:
• Batches are a minimum of 350 8.5"x11" sheets
• Some seeds are very expensive and additional charges may apply.
• Many flowers grow from bulbs (i.e. tulips, iris)
• Many seeds are too large for seed paper (i.e. watermelon, oak, avocado)
• Many seeds are not available in large quantities at a reasonable price due to yearly harvests (i.e. most hybrid seeds)
• Many seeds may stain white or light-colored papers
We own and operate several vintage letterpress machines that “stamp,” or deboss, your design into the seed paper. Letterpress can be debossed only, or debossed and printed with up to two colors. This process does not significantly decrease germination rates. Letterpress is a wonderful complement to our colorful and richly-textured seed paper. Custom printing plate charges will apply to the set up cost.
Variable data printing is available on most of our products. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.